Rasco FR Brown Duck Shirt Jacket – Fire Resistant Shirt Jacket$74.00 Buy Now
Rasco FR Insulated Brown Duck Coat – Insulated Fire Resistant Duck Coat$114.00 – $118.00 Buy Now
Rasco FR Royal Blue Bomber Jacket with Reflective$177.00 Buy Now
Rasco FR Royal Blue Parka Jacket with Reflective$195.00 Buy Now
Working in oil and gas or serving as an electrician, welder or chemical plant employee represent just a few examples of occupations that have a higher fire risk. For these workers, it’s essential — and in most cases, required by law — to wear fire flame-resistant clothing to reduces the risk of burns from arc and flash fires and other potential hazards.
D.E. Gemmill Inc. carries flame-resistant (FR) jackets and other outerwear from leading manufacturers such as Rasco and others. We have been a safety partner to demanding industries since 1986 and continue to offer a carefully chosen selection of some of the best FR apparel on the market today. Understanding the needs of our customers from both the hazards they face and the comfort they demand drives the development and refining of our safety product offerings each day. Our flame-retardant jackets and outerwear are no exception.
Our Selection of Flame-Resistant Outerwear
Our broad selection of Rasco FR outerwear encompasses multiple product categories. Browse our current inventory using the links on this page or contact our office directly for assistance:
- FR Brown Duck Shirt Jacket: This lightweight Rasco FR outerwear product is rugged enough to withstand the rigors of oil and gas production sites. The comfortable fit allows workers to stay fresh and productive throughout the day without restricting arm movement. The twill lining adds warmth for outdoor work environments. This garment also complies with the Category 2 Hazard Risk requirement
- FR Hooded Jacket: This fire-resistant outerwear features a durable outer shell consisting of black and brown duck, navy and camo twill, and cotton denim. You can also choose Modacrylic insulation or cotton twill lining as an option. Two front pockets give you a convenient storage solution for smaller items. The hood is adjustable and removable, enabling you to adapt quickly to changing weather conditions.
- FR Insulated Brown Duck Coat: This men’s flame-resistant outerwear product from Rasco consists of a pre-washed FR duck outer shell and a comfortable flannel twill lining. Two chest and hip pockets enable you to organize multiple small items and keep them within easy reach. This coat also meets the Category 3 hazard risk requirements.
- FR Royal Blue Bomber With Reflective: Consider this protective jacket if you’re seeking the ideal combination of warmth, visibility and safety when working in outdoor environments. The outer shell consists of flame-resistant black duck cotton, while the lining features a 100% cotton twill material. It also includes Modacrylic insulation to provide an extra layer of warmth and protection, as well as reflective tape to enhance visibility in nighttime or overcast conditions.
- FR Royal Blue Parka Jacket With Reflective: For workers who spend a lot of time outdoors in winter, this FR Modacrylic-insulated parka has a wind and vapor barrier that provides additional comfort on blustery days. Other features include a 100% cotton twill lining, a detachable hood, two chest and two front hip pockets, and an adjustable waist for a secure fit. High-visibility tape on the front, back and sleeves makes wearers easier to see from all angles.
What to Consider When Buying FR Outerwear Online
NFPA 2112 standards govern flame-resistant clothing and set forth minimum performance and design requirements. Because of this, NFPA 2112-compliant FR jackets and outerwear can be counted on for safety in most situations. Be wary of purchasing any product that isn’t rated to this standard or that advertises itself as “heat-proof” or another non-specific term.
A jacket’s arc rating is another important consideration. Arc rating is a measure of the minimum amount of thermal energy necessary to cause a second- or third-degree burn with a 50% probability. The higher the arc rating, the more protection a flame-retardant jacket offers.
FR outerwear should be NFPA 2112-compliant with an arc rating appropriate for the environment and application it will be used in. If you’re unsure what a given job or environment requires, contact one of our representatives directly for assistance.
Why Buy FR Outerwear From D.E. Gemmill Inc.?
D.E. Gemmill Inc. is a leading supplier of FR jackets for welders, pipeline workers and others who require warmth and comfort on the job as well as superior protection from thermal incidents. We only offer products that meet our high standards for quality, comfort and value. Our generous return policy makes it easy to shop online with confidence while our affordable shipping options make it convenient, too.
If you’re in the Central PA area, save yourself the wait for shipping by visiting our York showroom, where you can try on any of our flame-resistant jackets and other outerwear before making a purchase decision. You can also call us at 717-755-9794 or contact us online for more information.
SAFETY APPAREL AND TRAFFIC CONTROL PRODUCTS
D.E. Gemmill Inc. is your source online for safety apparel and traffic control products. Our online safety store is here to equip your team for the job. Since 1986, safety has been our main priority. We understand the need for high-quality equipment that is priced to fit your budget and clothing that’s tough enough for demanding jobs.
Safety Apparel and High-Visibility Clothing
Safety apparel is a broad category of products that includes flame-resistant clothing, protective eyewear, hard hats, protective footwear and more. In a busy work environment where hazards are present, safety apparel is critical to preventing injury. Without it, a minor incident can quickly turn serious and lead to accidents with far-reaching consequences for both workers and employers.
D.E. Gemmill carries:
If you’re unsure what construction safety clothing and gear to buy in our store online, consider:
- Safety standards. If your jobsite requires specialized apparel because there are moving vehicles or other heavy equipment, safety apparel can help your workers stay aware of one another.
- Fit. Ensure your workers dress appropriately by supplying them with safety apparel that fits properly.
- Color requirements. Neon colors help those on and off your jobsite be aware of your workers, whether on the highway or in a construction zone. Bright colors save lives.
If your business needs to order bulk quantities of safety apparel or you need to outfit your workers with more than one piece of clothing, get in touch with us. We can customize and deliver your safety apparel in the sizes and styles you need. And if you’re within 150 miles of our York, PA retail location, we can come to you with our Mobile Safety on Site (S.O.S.) truck.
The Mobile S.O.S. truck makes it possible for your workers to choose their own safety apparel. Talk to us ahead of time, and we can quickly stock the S.O.S. with all of the sizes, styles and colors your workers need to stay safe on the job.
Traffic Control Products
Traffic control products for sale at D.E. Gemmill Inc. include light bars, flares, wands, warning lights, temporary traffic control signs, sign stands and more. These and related products help roadwork crews do their jobs safely and efficiently.
Investing in reliable equipment not only helps avoid accidents. It also improves employee morale and productivity while keeping traffic flowing smoothly. Search our online store for products such as:
- Bollard covers
- Lightbars and personal safety lights
- “Stop” and “Slow” paddles
- Traffic control cone signs
- Traffic control flags
- Traffic control flares
- Traffic control signs
- Traffic wands
- She’s in Construction women’s apparel
D.E. Gemmill has experts ready to help you choose the right products. As experienced contractors, we don’t just sell safety equipment — we use it ourselves every day. So, if you’re not sure what to order, just ask! We can review your job requirements and help you choose the traffic gear that’s right for you.
Fall Protection Equipment
Ensure your jobsite and workers comply with OSHA regulations and prevent unnecessary injury with our fall systems, designed to keep your workplace as safe as possible. If you work in roofing, construction, utilities or another industry that requires working at heights, it’s in your best interest to use the fall protection gear that will protect you, your workers and your business.
At D.E. Gemmill, we carry:
- Full-body harnesses
- Snap hooks
- Prevention barriers and other OSHA-compliant fall protection equipment
If you don’t see the work zone traffic control products you need at our online store, stop by our York, PA retail location. We’re conveniently located for customers in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, New York, New Jersey and Virginia. You or your workers can come in, view our selection and try on the equipment that will make your jobsite safer and OSHA compliant.
Follow the links on the left to browse the main sections of our online catalog. You can also contact our office directly for assistance. Alternately, if you’re in the Central PA area, visit our safety store retail showroom in York for a more hands-on experience.
WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING SAFETY APPAREL AND TRAFFIC CONTROL PRODUCTS
There are several considerations that will impact your choice of safety apparel and traffic control products. The first is the condition of your job site. Will workers be exposed to heat, flames or electricity? Will they be working outside or among moving vehicles? Will they be required to go into confined spaces or areas where visibility is poor? What about corrosive liquids and chemical fumes?
Ultimately, you know your business better than anyone and can determine which products are necessary to ensure a safe working environment. At D.E. Gemmill, our safety apparel is rated Class 2 or Class 3, so you can be sure to get the clothing that’s appropriate for your job site’s specific hazards.
When buying traffic control products or safety apparel, you also need to know you’re getting the best value for your money. Choosing a durable product that will deliver on its promises requires doing your research ahead of time and working with an experienced supplier. D.E. Gemmill Inc. carries items by leading brands such as Rasco FR, ML Kishigo, Ariat, GSS, Aervoe and others — manufacturers whose products we know and trust. Get in touch with a representative for help choosing the best items for your needs.
WHY BUY SAFETY APPAREL & TRAFFIC CONTROL PRODUCTS FROM D.E. GEMMILL INC.?
For over 34 years, D.E. Gemmill has built a reputation for providing outstanding products and services to businesses in the construction and paving industry. We’re contractors, too, so we understand the products you need to get your job done safely.
Expert advice is only one part of what sets D.E. Gemmill Inc. apart from other traffic control and safety apparel suppliers. We also offer fast, reliable shipping to customers across the country as well as an exclusive return policy that guarantees your satisfaction. We carefully select all items on our online store to ensure they meet the high demands of our clientele. As a result, it’s easy to shop online with confidence.
If we don’t have what you’re looking for in stock, our team can either recommend an alternative or source it from one of our partners. For years, we have specialized in helping businesses with unique safety requirements find the apparel and other solutions they require.
At D.E. Gemmill, your safety is our business. For more information about our products or to purchase online, contact us today. If you are in the Central PA area you can visit our safety apparel store near you today!