Return & Shipping Policies
D.E. Gemmill Online Store Return Policies
- Ship Upon Payment – All orders will only be processed and shipped upon full payment by customer, including applicable shipping fees and expenses, unless otherwise agreed on by D.E. Gemmill, Inc. and customer.
- Risk of Loss – Title to the items shipped, and risk of loss of such items, passes to the customers upon D.E. Gemmill, Inc.’s delivery of the items to the shipper/carrier.
- Preferred Shipper – UPS is D.E. Gemmill, Inc.’s preferred shipping company for all deliveries.
- Large Items – In the event UPS cannot accommodate a shipment, due to size or other reasons, a common carrier will be used. The selection of the common carrier will be exclusively within D.E. Gemmill, Inc.’s discretion, unless the consignee has a freight contact or “preferred” shipper.
- Expedited Delivery – When possible and if requested, D.E. Gemmill, Inc. will provide expedited delivery using Next Day, 2nd Day or similar types of expedited shipping, based on the options available and the customer’s requirements or preference. All shipping and freight charges will be passed on to the customer.
- Special Needs – For special shipping needs, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 866-755-9794 to find the most cost-effective and efficient shipment method.
- Time – It is D.E. Gemmill, Inc.’s goal to ship orders (within the 48 contiguous states) within 2 business days, based on availability. Orders placed after 2 p.m. EST will not be processed until the following business day, based on availability. A customer may use their own shipping account by contacting Customer Service at email@example.com or at 866-755-9794. An additional handling charge will be added. D.E. Gemmill, Inc. does not ship C.O.D. (cash on delivery).
- P.O. Boxes – Please contact Customer Service for shipping rates and details to P.O. Boxes in those areas.
- Returnable Items – Not all items sold on the E-Store are returnable. The items listed below are NOT RETURNABLE under any circumstance.
- Custom Signs
- Water Filled Barriers
- Custom Lettered Clothing
- Original Packaging Required – Returned items MUST be returned in their original package. Refunds WILL NOT be issued for any product that is not in its original packaging.
- Restocking Charge – There will be a 15% restocking fee applied to all returns.
- New Returns Only – Refunds WILL NOT be issued for any product that has been used, regardless of the extent of use.
- Return Time – Returned items will only be accepted, and a refund provided, if such items are postmarked for return within 30 days of the date of receipt by the customer.
- Return Amount – If returned items meet the above requirements, an amount equal to the original purchase, less the original cost of shipping from D.E. Gemmill, Inc. to the original destination, will be refunded to the customer.
- Malfunction – Product malfunction is NOT the responsibility of D.E. Gemmill, Inc., but of the manufacturer.
- Return Shipping – The customer is responsible for return shipments, pursuant to the above conditions and including shipping and applicable shipping insurance costs, to the below address:
D.E. Gemmill, Inc.
85 N Belmont St
York, PA 17403
- Return Authorization Form – A Return Authorization Form must accompany all returns.
- Incorrect Orders – To return any incorrect orders, please fill out our Return Authorization Form which will be sent to you upon request of your return. Once received and the incorrect order is verified, we will send you a pre-paid shipping label to send back the original item(s), if applicable. Products properly returned according to the within guidelines are eligible for a full refund in the form of store credit, less original shipping costs. Returns will be inspected prior to issuing credit.
- Damaged Items – Damaged items must be reported 1st to the carrier within 24 hours and 2nd to D.E. Gemmill, Inc. D.E. Gemmill, Inc. must be provided with a report of the damages within 3 business days. If, after investigation, the items are determined to be damaged as a result of D.E. Gemmill, Inc., a full refund in the form of store credit will be provided. In the event the damage is the result of any other parties’ actions, including but not limited to the customer or carrier, D.E. Gemmill, Inc. shall not
- Policy Governance – Interpretation, implementation and enforcement of these Return Policies is at the sole and full discretion of D.E. Gemmill, Inc.