Road and Traffic Contracting Services
For over 30 years, D.E. Gemmill Inc. has been delivering innovative, high-quality products and services to the pavement marking & maintenance industry. From painting parking lots and highway and road lines to installing landscaping and security bollards and traffic and specialty signs, we offer a complete range of road and traffic services in Pennsylvania and the surrounding regions.
Since 1986, we’ve earned a place among leading pavement marking and maintenance companies in Maryland and Pennsylvania by offering an impressive combination of quality, selection and value. It’s our focus to provide everything you need to work faster, maintain a safe work environment and get the job done right. Our extensive industry experience provides the expertise to meet your needs with urgency while delivering products and solutions that go beyond your expectations.
Explore the sections below for more information on our pavement markings and maintenance contracting capabilities, and get in touch today to request a free estimate.
Pavement Markings & Maintenance
The road and traffic control experts at D.E. Gemmill Inc. stay informed on the latest techniques and best practices in pavement markings and maintenance. As an experienced highway maintenance company serving Central Pennsylvania and Maryland, we specialize in pavement marking applications as well as pavement markings maintenance, including seal coating and crack sealing. Whether you require airport runway markings and maintenance, highway markings or parking lot maintenance and markings, we have you covered.
Additional maintenance and marking services provided include:
- Parking Lot Markings – Whether your parking lot is new or several years old, parking lot marking is an important maintenance item for many businesses. We offer a variety of parking lot paint types to ensure your parking lot meets requirements and looks good for current and future years. We can perform these operations during off-peak hours so we are not interfering with your regular business hours.
- Highway Markings – Through wind, rain, and snow, Central Pennsylvania highway markings take a beating over the years. D.E. Gemmill has become a leading contractor for highway pavement markings in traditional paint and we also offer durable thermoplastic and epoxy paint solutions.
- Thermoplastic Markings — D.E. Gemmill Inc. uses the most sophisticated equipment and techniques to create highly reflective, long-lasting thermoplastic markings on highways, local roads, intersections, business complexes, parking lots and many other surfaces.
- Epoxy Markings – We use the highest quality in epoxy pavement markings for line striping that lasts longer than traditional paint striping and provides night reflectivity.
- Hydroblasting & Line Removal — D.E. Gemmill Inc. utilizes the most advanced high-pressure water jet equipment for superior results in pavement marking removal and water blasting techniques.
- Interior Warehouse & Floor Markings — In addition to our road and traffic services, we are also equipped to design and install floor markings in interiors and warehouse environments.
- Sealcoating & Pavement Maintenance — We offer a seal coating program that helps to protect pavement from rain, snow, ice and traffic, keeping them looking and feeling like new.
Temporary Traffic Control
D.E. Gemmill Inc. provides permanent and temporary traffic control solutions tailored to your specific needs. From reflective sheeting and specialty signage to devices to direct traffic and control detours, we provide everything you require, including:
- Traffic Control Rentals — As a full-service highway maintenance company in PA and beyond, we offer temporary traffic control in work zones. Our capabilities include long and short-term traffic control setups, pedestrian walkways, cones, safety apparel and a variety of other solutions available for rent or purchase.
- Traffic Control Signs — We offer a variety of traffic control signs for your job site and a variety of accessories including: stop/slow paddles, traffic cone signs, and more. If you can’t find what you need in our retail or online store, we can custom manufacture signage with minimal turnaround time. Our shop is a Pennsylvania and Maryland approved sign manufacturing facility, and our signs adhere to the highest standards to ensure material compliance and meet new and current retroreflective standards.
Bollards & Site Amenities
We offer all types of barriers and bollards used for everything from protecting parks and buildings to directing traffic. Products include traffic and protective fixed bollards, information sign bollards, collapsible barriers, parking bumper blocks, speed bumps and more.
Sign Manufacturing & Installation
Our skilled professionals are certified to manufacture and install regulatory road and highway signs. When you choose us as your highway maintenance company in Maryland and PA, you benefit from:
- Custom Sign Manufacturing & Installation — We go beyond other highway maintenance companies by also manufacturing and installing custom interior or exterior signs for businesses, organizations, schools and personal use.
- Traffic Sign Manufacturing & Installation — Our traffic signs offer visual safety information and direction to motorists and pedestrians, and in work areas where freight and heavy materials are stored, transported and controlled.
- Retroreflectivity — Our retroreflectivity experts will help you test sign visibility and develop solutions that comply with the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) for signs made with retroreflective sheeting materials.
Visit our site for the latest updates on new laws regarding sign and road marking retroreflectivity. If you’re unsure if your signs and roadways meet the mandates, we specialize in retroreflectivity testing and can help you develop and implement a plan to update your signage or pavement markings to meet new retroreflectivity requirements.
Contact us today to receive more information or to answer any questions you have on our contracting services offered throughout Central Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and Virginia.