6′ Dual Leg Elastic Shock Absorbing Web Lanyard$107.50
6′ Heavy Duty Shock Absorbing Lanyard$35.50
6′ Tubular Shock Absorbing Web Lanyard$65.00
Deluxe Roofers Kit with 50′ Working Length – Fall Protection for Roofers$336.12
Female Full Body Universal Harness- Medium$136.50
Full Body Safety Harness with Shoulder Pads and Hip Positioning D-Rings – Shoulder Safety Harness$131.00
Positioning Safety Harness with Side D-Rings – Fall Protection Safety Harness$90.00
STRATOS Construction Style Full Body Harness$203.00
Buy Fall Protection Equipment Online
If you work in an industry where there is a risk of serious injury resulting from on-the-job falls, explore the selection of fall protection systems and gear at D.E. Gemmill.
You’ll find a wide assortment of safety equipment in our online store and in our York, PA retail location. Don’t risk the consequences of dangerous working conditions — learn more about your options, and keep yourself and your employees safe.
What to Consider When Buying Fall Protection Gear
If you or your employees work at heights regularly, you should consider purchasing fall protection equipment. The types of systems are:
- Fall arrest. Arrest systems stop an in-progress fall. Of all the types of protection systems available, arrest systems offer the least protection because the risk of injury is high. Equipment is less expensive, but your employees must inspect and maintain the system every time it’s used. Extensive training is required.
- Fall restraint. Restraint systems offer more protection than arrest systems, but there is still a risk of injury. Daily maintenance and inspection are required to use a restraint system safely. OSHA acknowledges that restraint systems are better than arrest systems but prefers prevention systems. Extensive training is required.
- Fall prevention. Prevention systems are the strongest equipment available, and OSHA prefers them because there is no risk of injury. Prevention systems, such as a guardrail, place a physical barrier between the worker and the hazard. In addition, prevention systems only require annual maintenance and inspection. No training is required.
What Safety Standards Should My Equipment Meet?
The equipment you and your employees use should comply with OSHA regulations. This will help protect those you care about from the risks associated with on-the-job falls. You’ll also protect your business from liability if you provide OSHA-compliant gear.
Keep in mind that OSHA does not verify that products are safe for employees to use at height. Instead, manufacturers design fall protection systems so they’ll comply with their regulations. You can verify that your D.E. Gemmill fall protection solution complies with OSHA by asking us for product documentation.
How Do I Know If I’m Using the Right Equipment?
Don’t just guess when you need to buy fall prevention equipment online. If you’re not sure which equipment to buy, get in touch with us. We take your safety seriously, and that’s why we offer outstanding products and customer service.
OSHA requires fall protection equipment when working at heights of six feet or above. Roofing, construction and bricklaying are just a few of the industries that should strongly consider requiring workers to wear fall protection equipment.
In addition to fall protection equipment, D.E. Gemmill also offers Mobile Safety on Site (S.O.S.). Our S.O.S. truck delivers personal safety equipment directly to jobsites that is customized for specific work environments.
If your organization’s safety department needs fall protection equipment, then get in touch with D.E. Gemmill. We take your safety seriously and will bring the products you need right to your jobsite or workplace.
Types of Fall Protection Equipment
D.E. Gemmill is a leader in pavement maintenance, and we understand the need to protect workers with excellent safety equipment. We launched our safety product division specifically because we knew we could find the most effective gear available in the market today.
D.E. Gemmill offers a wide array of OSHA-compliant products, including:
- Full-body safety harnesses. Read more about our fall protection safety harnesses available for purchase online or stop by our York, PA retail location.
- Hard hats and headgear. D.E. Gemmill offers vented and non-vented hard hats with 4-point ratchet suspensions, in addition to replacement suspensions and more.
- Anchor points. Ensure your fall protection system includes anchor points. We offer permanent and portable anchor points and more.
- Lanyards and lifelines. Attach your harness to a lanyard or lifeline and ensure you can safely traverse, enter and exit all access points.
- Fall protection accessories. Ask us about our rope anchors, carabiners and snap hooks.
- Complete fall protection systems. If you need a complete system for your workers, we can help. Ask us about customizing a fall prevention system for your jobsite.
- Rescue systems. Even if you’ve taken every precaution, accidents sometimes happen. Be prepared for a fall with our rescue devices, and help every worker get home safely.
Industries That Use Fall Protection Systems
Many industries, such as roofing and construction, regularly use fall protection gear. But other industries, such as painting, heating and cooling, and window washing may also benefit when their workers use fall protection equipment.
If you’re unsure if your jobsite or industry requires the use of a fall protection system, ask yourself:
- Do my employees work at heights over six feet?
- Do my employees work on rooftops, catwalks, ladders or suspended platforms?
- Do my employees work in open-air environments on upper floors?
- Do my employees work on utility poles, rock walls or other tall areas outdoors where a fall hazard exists?
If you answered yes, you probably need a fall protection system in place for your workers. If you’re not sure, call us — we can help you choose the safety equipment that’s right for you.
About D.E. Gemmill
Over 34 years ago, Dave Gemmill purchased used line painting equipment to start his own company. It wasn’t long before he began installing traffic signs and hiring employees to help with his company’s growing customer base. Quality work and a focus on customer service grew his reputation.
Today, D.E. Gemmill is a leading provider of line painting, sign manufacturing, traffic control device rental, and sealcoating for commercial, industrial and government organizations in Pennsylvania and Maryland. In addition, D.E. Gemmill is pleased to offer personal safety equipment and apparel for sale in its York, PA retail location, as well as online.
Shop Fall Protection Equipment Online Today
D.E. Gemmill serves construction businesses, public works departments, fire departments, EMS departments, warehousing and storage businesses, and more. We help organizations prioritize employee safety by providing specialized fall protection equipment and outstanding customer service.
For more information about D.E. Gemmill, visit our York, PA retail location, give us a call or contact us online.
SAFETY APPAREL AND TRAFFIC CONTROL PRODUCTS
D.E. Gemmill Inc. is your source online for safety apparel and traffic control products. Since 1986, safety has been our main priority. We understand the need for high-quality equipment that is priced to fit your budget and clothing that’s tough enough for demanding jobs.
Safety Apparel and High-Visibility Clothing
Safety apparel is a broad category of products that includes flame-resistant clothing, protective eyewear, hard hats, protective footwear and more. In a busy work environment where hazards are present, safety apparel is critical to preventing injury. Without it, a minor incident can quickly turn serious and lead to accidents with far-reaching consequences for both workers and employers.
D.E. Gemmill carries:
- Emergency services apparel
- Eye protection
- Flame-resistant clothing
- Hard hats and head protection
- Safety and high-visibility outerwear
- Safety and high-visibility pants
- Safety and high-visibility shirts
- Safety footwear
- Safety vests
If you’re unsure what construction safety clothing and gear to buy in our store online, consider:
- Safety standards. If your jobsite requires specialized apparel because there are moving vehicles or other heavy equipment, safety apparel can help your workers stay aware of one another.
- Fit. Ensure your workers dress appropriately by supplying them with safety apparel that fits properly.
- Color requirements. Neon colors help those on and off your jobsite be aware of your workers, whether on the highway or in a construction zone. Bright colors save lives.
If your business needs to order bulk quantities of safety apparel or you need to outfit your workers with more than one piece of clothing, get in touch with us. We can customize and deliver your safety apparel in the sizes and styles you need. And if you’re within 150 miles of our York, PA retail location, we can come to you with our Mobile Safety on Site (S.O.S.) truck.
The Mobile S.O.S. truck makes it possible for your workers to choose their own safety apparel. Talk to us ahead of time, and we can quickly stock the S.O.S. with all of the sizes, styles and colors your workers need to stay safe on the job.
Traffic Control Products
Traffic control products for sale at D.E. Gemmill Inc. include light bars, flares, wands, warning lights, temporary traffic control signs, sign stands and more. These and related products help roadwork crews do their jobs safely and efficiently.
Investing in reliable equipment not only helps avoid accidents. It also improves employee morale and productivity while keeping traffic flowing smoothly. Search our online store for products such as:
- Bollard covers
- Lightbars and personal safety lights
- “Stop” and “Slow” paddles
- Traffic control cone signs
- Traffic control flags
- Traffic control flares
- Traffic control signs
- Traffic wands
- She’s in Construction women’s apparel
D.E. Gemmill has experts ready to help you choose the right products. As experienced contractors, we don’t just sell safety equipment — we use it ourselves every day. So, if you’re not sure what to order, just ask! We can review your job requirements and help you choose the traffic gear that’s right for you.
Fall Protection Equipment
Ensure your jobsite and workers comply with OSHA regulations and prevent unnecessary injury with our fall systems, designed to keep your workplace as safe as possible. If you work in roofing, construction, utilities or another industry that requires working at heights, it’s in your best interest to use the fall protection gear that will protect you, your workers and your business.
At D.E. Gemmill, we carry:
- Full-body harnesses
- Snap hooks
- Prevention barriers and other OSHA-compliant fall protection equipment
If you don’t see the work zone traffic control products you need at our online store, stop by our York, PA retail location. We’re conveniently located for customers in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, New York, New Jersey and Virginia. You or your workers can come in, view our selection and try on the equipment that will make your jobsite safer and OSHA compliant.
Follow the links on the left to browse the main sections of our online catalog. You can also contact our office directly for assistance. Alternately, if you’re in the Central PA area, visit our safety store retail showroom in York for a more hands-on experience.
WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING SAFETY APPAREL AND TRAFFIC CONTROL PRODUCTS
There are several considerations that will impact your choice of safety apparel and traffic control products. The first is the condition of your job site. Will workers be exposed to heat, flames or electricity? Will they be working outside or among moving vehicles? Will they be required to go into confined spaces or areas where visibility is poor? What about corrosive liquids and chemical fumes?
Ultimately, you know your business better than anyone and can determine which products are necessary to ensure a safe working environment. At D.E. Gemmill, our safety apparel is rated Class 2 or Class 3, so you can be sure to get the clothing that’s appropriate for your job site’s specific hazards.
When buying traffic control products or safety apparel, you also need to know you’re getting the best value for your money. Choosing a durable product that will deliver on its promises requires doing your research ahead of time and working with an experienced supplier. D.E. Gemmill Inc. carries items by leading brands such as Rasco FR, ML Kishigo, Ariat, GSS, Aervoe and others — manufacturers whose products we know and trust. Get in touch with a representative for help choosing the best items for your needs.
WHY BUY SAFETY APPAREL & TRAFFIC CONTROL PRODUCTS FROM D.E. GEMMILL INC.?
For over 34 years, D.E. Gemmill has built a reputation for providing outstanding products and services to businesses in the construction and paving industry. We’re contractors, too, so we understand the products you need to get your job done safely.
Expert advice is only one part of what sets D.E. Gemmill Inc. apart from other traffic control and safety apparel suppliers. We also offer fast, reliable shipping to customers across the country as well as an exclusive return policy that guarantees your satisfaction. We carefully select all items on our online store to ensure they meet the high demands of our clientele. As a result, it’s easy to shop online with confidence.
If we don’t have what you’re looking for in stock, our team can either recommend an alternative or source it from one of our partners. For years, we have specialized in helping businesses with unique safety requirements find the apparel and other solutions they require.
At D.E. Gemmill, your safety is our business. For more information about our products or to purchase online, contact us today. If you are in the Central PA area you can visit our safety apparel store near you today!